Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two month review

I have seen another blog about sight-reading on the internet. The blogger has practiced two hours of sight-reading a day for a whole year and did not seem happy with the results. I am under the impression that she is not an advanced musician. She is probably young and based on the repertoire she was playing, she is very likely an intermediate piano player. I had the feeling she was only focusing on the "same old rules".
I am however, very happy with my results after only two months of practice.
This week, I will dedicate myself to review the new things I have found out during these months which are helping me a great deal.
These things are:
- warming up with all arpeggios and modes (for wise fingering choices).
- making sure I read accidentals ahead of (or instead) of the notes.
- reading high chord down/up and low chords up/down
- dividing chords with more then 3 notes in two sections (a triad and then, the remaining of it)
- playing a wide variety of styles.
- keeping track of common tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment