Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cherry Season is Over

After 1500 Hymns and no more cherries, I have decided to explore a more rewarding repertoire.
I am still doing Hymns with the metronome so I have a better idea of my improvement "tempo wise".

Here is a list of new things I have been sight reading:

Mozart - Lieder
Mozart - Violin Sonatas
Berio - Canzoni Popolari
Jaell - French Character Pieces
Italian Arias
Rodrigo - Serenata Espanola
Tiersot - Chants de la Vielle France
Schubert - Lieder
Tagliafico - 15 Melodies
Kirchner - 60 Preludes Op.65
Brahms - Lieder
Wolf - Lieder (I am not there yet but the harmonies are gorgeous-I shell go back to them later)
Faure - 50 Songs Med/Low (very beautiful)
Persichetti - Sonatas (my favorite!)

I have also been going through my students intermediate repertoire (super fun). I read a lot of their Baroque style pieces in order to be exposed to some polyphonic writing.

My new piano professor has suggested that I do Czerny Op.821 (great for "chuncking").

Next post will be about my meeting with the optometrist. It was very helpful. Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment